Uber Employment Requirements 2017
If you are looking to get a job with Uber you first need to know the Uber Employment Requirements. Because there is no point in wasting the time signing up when you don’t qualify to begin with. But lucky for you Uber’s requirements are pretty lenient compared to other more conventional driver services.
You must first make sure that you, the potential Uber driver, can meet the requirements necessary and then you must make sure that your car meets Uber’s vehicle requirements in order to be eligible for Uber employement.
Requirements You Must Meet To Be Eligible
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least 1 year of driving experience if you are over the age of 23. If under 23 you must have at least 3 years driving experience.
- Must have a valid US driver’s license
- Must have a clean driving record and yes they will check. A clean driving record includes no more than 3 incidents in the previous 3 years, no speeding tickets for driving in excess of 20mph in the past 3 years, and no DUI or reckless driving in your lifetime.
- If you live in the state of California you are not allowed to have a DUI in the past 10 years.
- Must have a SSN for the background check to be conducted.
- Uber does not allow employment of those who have committed felonies or misdemeanors involving theft, violence, or drugs.
- However, the background check that Checkr runs for Uber only checks court records going back 7 years. So although they say that they do not hire convicted felons, they might not be aware of the criminal charges.
If you meet all of these requirements then you qualify for Uber driver employment. Now the question is whether or not you have a car that qualifies.
Minimum Vehicle Requirements
As you may or may not know, Uber offers a variety of different ride services ranging from your typical sedan to high-end blacked out SUV’s. And if you meet the requirements above you can possibly drive for any of them. But instead of going over every service that you are able to drive for, I’m going to go over the bare minimum requirements your car must meet in order for you to drive.
The requirements include…
- Your vehicle must not be older than 2001 (many cities require them to be newer than this; For example Miami Uber cars are required to be 2007 or newer)
- Your vehicle must have 4 independently opening doors
4 Passenger Capacity
- Your vehicle must be able to seat at least 4 passengers (this does not include yourself)
- Your vehicle must not have any cosmetic damage (you can get away with some for the cheaper Uber services)
No Marked Cars
- Your vehicle must not be “marked”, meaning it may not have commercial branding
No Salvaged Cars
- Your vehicle must not be salvaged or rebuilt
No Full -Sized Vans or Trucks
- Your vehicle must be either a sedan, SUV, or minivan. No full-sized vans or trucks allowed
- Your vehicle must be registered. This registration can be temporary and does not have to be in your name
- Your vehicle must be insured in compliance with the local laws. Your name must be on the insurance
Uber’s lowest grade services include UberX and UberXL. If your vehicle passes the requirements listed above you qualify to drive for one of these services. If you have a sedan that seats 4 passengers, then UberX is your choice, and if you drive an SUV that can seat 6 passengers or more, then UberXL is your choice.
When you get into Ubers more luxurious services such as UberLUX, UberLUX SUV, UberBLACK, UberSELECT, and UberSUV, the requirements get more strict than those listed above.
If you have a specific question about Uber employment leave it below in the comment section and I will get back to you within 24 hours.