Looking To Drive For Uber? Here Are The Uber Las Vegas Requirements
It is important to know the Uber Las Vegas requirements if you are interested in pursuing a driver position. Uber’s requirements vary depending on the location and here I am going to be going over those specific to Las Vegas.
So basically there are 2 sets of requirements that must be met for you to be an Uber driver. First, you.. the driver must meet Uber’s requirements, and secondly, your car must meet the requirements.
The driver requirements here are universal in the United States. It doesn’t matter where you are driving for Uber at, you must meet these.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be able to pass a background check (you will have to provide your SSN)
- Must have at least 1 year of driving experience (at least 3 years if you are under the age of 23)
- Must have a clean driving record (they will check)
- No more than 3 incidents in the previous 3 years
- No DUI or reckless driving in your lifetime
- No speeding tickets for driving in excess of 20mph in the past 3 years
If you meet all of these requirements then the next step is to see if your car meets requirements to drive for Uber.
There are different Uber services available in Las Vegas in which you can drive for and they have different requirements for your vehicle. But they all must first meet these initial requirements…
- Vehicle must be no older than 2001
- Must have at least 4 doors and be able to hold 4 additional passengers
- No cosmetic damage (you can get away with minor damage for Ubers cheaper driving services)
- No marked cars or commercial branding (no taxis, police cars, cars that promote a business, etc.)
- Windows and A/C must work
- Cannot be salvaged or rebuilt
- Must pass state inspection
- Must be insured as required by state law (Uber gives you automobile liability insurance)
- Must have registration (can be temporary; does not have to be in your name)
If your vehicle meets these requirements then you are good to go and you can at least drive for UberX, which I will go over now along with the other Uber services available…
Available Uber Services In Las Vegas
In Las Vegas there are 3 services in which you can drive for including UberX, UberXL, and UberSELECT.
UberX – This is the basic Uber service that is probably what you think of when you think Uber. All you need is a 2001 or newer sedan that meets all of the requirements I went over above. This service gets the most requests and is the easiest to qualify for, but you also make the least amount of money per trip.
UberXL – This is the “big” version of UberX. Here you need to have a SUV or Minivan that is 2001 or newer. It must be able to hold and additional 6 passengers (not including yourself) and its 4 doors (at least) must open independently. This XL service can be more lucrative than the X because you can make more in fares due to more passengers, however there usually isn’t as much demand for this service.
UberSELECT – This service is for mid-tier sedans. For your car to qualify it must be no older than 2012 and have leather or vinyl interior that is in excellent condition. Driving for SELECT will bring you higher fares, but there is also less demand for this than there is with services like UberX. Being that it is Las Vegas, UberSELECT is still in pretty high demand so I would say that if you have a car that qualifies give it a go.
Get Your Car Inspected For Free
The one requirement for you to drive with Uber, or to drive in Las Vegas period, is that your vehicle must pass inspection. Nevada law requires you to get your vehicle inspected once a year. And to meet Uber’s inspection requirements you can get your car inspected anywhere that is licensed.
But you don’t want to go just anywhere. If you go to certain inspection centers you can get it done for free. Uber is partnered with different places, which they call “Greenlight Hubs” and if you take your car there you won’t have to pay a dime. The Greenlight Hubs in Las Vegas include…
Uber Greenlight Hub – Flamingo
4180 South Fort Apache RoadLas Vegas, NV, 89147
Henderson – Uber Sprint Spot
1022 W Sunset Rd Ste 2 Sunset PlazaHenderson, NV 89014
Las Vegas – Uber Sprint Spot
1040 E Flamingo Rd C-DLas Vegas, NV 89119
Las Vegas – Uber ABC Hyundai Spot
6825 Redwood StreetLas Vegas, NV, 89118
Applying For Uber Is Easy
If you are interested in working for Uber the first step is to apply. Don’t be worried, Uber’s hiring process is about as simple as it gets. There is no interview or anything of that nature and if you and your car meet the requirements that I went over above, then there is no good reason you shouldn’t be able to drive for Uber very soon.
1) First you need to fill out the online application at uber.com.
- You will fill in your name, email, phone #, location, etc. and you will also have to give Uber your SSN so they can perform a background check
2) Get Your Vehicle Inspected
- Download this form and go to one of the Greenlight Hubs I listed above to get it done for free. They will fill out the form and then you can upload it to your account.
3) Wait A Few Days
- Your background check should be cleared in about 5 days, so all you need to do now is wait
4) Hit The Road
- You applied, you got your vehicle inspected, and you passed your background check. You are good to go and can now go out and start making money on your own time.